Fortnite update 17.20 initial patch notes: invading troops, favorite item locations, and more.
Fortnite patch 17.20 is just around the corner and it’s about to bring some amazing new features including a new favorite item location, underground POI, invading alien troops, and more. Check below for full details.
When is Fortnite patch v17.20 coming?
The patch was due out on July 6. However, it is now slated for release on July 20. We will keep you posted on this.
Fortnite v17.20 patch notes
Epic Games posted a tweet describing what appears to be an alien invasion about to happen on Fortnite Island.
“Wait for the saucers, this one is a doozy!” they wrote. “I just intercepted an OI call indicating that extraterrestrial ground troops have started to mobilize west. Islanders should be on high alert.
Epic Games also released a teaser image that shows what appears to be a new underground POI. A cave with a massive UFO half submerged in the earth.
Favorite item locations
Epic Games recently confirmed Preferred Item Slots, a system designed to give players more control over what will or will happen soon! It was one of the most requested requests from players.
New Vorian Scout NPC
Famous Fortnite leaker HYPEX has discovered a mysterious new NPC called Vorian Scout. Looks like this is a neutral character with an epic tactical shotgun that will offer some help to the player.
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
Along with new features and content, Epic Games is still fixing some bugs and issues with the game. Below is a list of everything they plan to address in patch 17.20 based on their official Trello board.
- The button for Arena / Tournament division details is currently unresponsive on the controller.
- We are aware that the button for Arena / Tournament Division details is not currently responding on the controller. We are working on a fix for this issue.
- The “Hold Inventory Button” shortcut to access the crafting menu does not work.
- The “Maintain Inventory” shortcut for the crafting menu simply leads to the inventory menu instead of the crafting menu.
- Epic chests can sometimes not drop weapons in the arena.
- We are aware that sometimes players can search the arena for an Epic Chest and not receive any weapons. We are investigating the problem.
- Impossible to fish inside certain vehicles.
- We are aware of an issue preventing players from using a fishing rod while in the passenger seat of a powerboat or in the dumpster of an OG Bear truck.
- Accessories drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while disguised as an accessory results in erratic driving of the vehicle.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player leaves the team.
- If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will not be able to open a Cosmic Chest during the match.
- “Bars” showing as 0 in the Lobby when the game opens.
- When the game opens, the player bar total will appear as 0 in the lobby. This problem is only visual: players still have all their bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers can stay on screen if a bounty is poached.
- Players can continue to see the Cosmic Chest Timer at 0:00 if they have an active bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- To resolve a stability issue, shooting has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- The player may encounter an infinite loading screen when leaving the island.
- We are investigating an issue that causes players to experience an infinite loading screen when leaving the island.
Save the world
- The Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawning
- The Saurian Vigor perk (restores health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawns.
- Xbox gamers have left the party when they return to the lobby.
- Xbox players can be excluded from their party when they return to the lobby. (Please note that affected players are not restricted from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- Newly collected items will be automatically equipped under certain circumstances.
- Unable to run Last Forever Emote.
- Players may not be able to run the Last Forever emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through the list of players in the Voice Chat tab on the controller.
- Controller gamers may have difficulty scrolling through the list of players in the Voice Chat tab if the list of players is long.
- Xbox players may not be able to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
- Xbox players may not be able to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew due to outstanding account balances. The UI can take gamers in a loop and will need to be addressed through the Xbox Account Management website.