Fast Trade: How Familiar With Fulfillment? Take our quiz!
What do you know about the accomplishment? Take our nine-question quiz (with answers at the bottom, of course) and see how well you understand the ins and outs of ecommerce operations!
1. All of the following are terms for order fulfillment activities except:
a) Divided vessel
b) Direct delivery
d) Partial filling
2. Online retailers should operate their customer support services at the same location as their order fulfillment departments.
3. Kitter is:
a) Wrap the packages in plastic wrap to avoid damage
b) Assemble multiple products into one SKU to create a new product offering
c) Use needles and thread to make a nice piece of fabric
d) Assembly of products on behalf of the customer according to the manufacturer’s instructions
4. The fulfillment of the order means the same as the use of a parcel transport service.
5. When selecting a runtime provider, you should look for one that:
a) Work with other clients in your industry / niche
b) Does not have other clients in your industry / niche
c) Has no other clients, period
d) Extensively use offshore services
6. As a general rule, your fulfillment warehouse should be located within 100 miles of your head office.
7. Quick sell SKUs should be placed:
a) At the front of the warehouse
b) At the back of the warehouse, away from traffic
c) Near order packing stations
d) Close to the management office so that the inventory can be easily tracked
8. Inventory levels should ideally be updated:
a) As the order is processed
b) Once a month
c) Once a year
d) Only when needed
9. Brick and mortar retailers with an e-commerce channel don’t need to fill orders.
1. D – Partial filling is not an execution term. Split-ship means an order is sent in multiple packages, dropship means the order comes directly from its manufacturer, and cross-dock is where inventory is unloaded from the inbound carrier and then loaded directly to an outbound carrier .
2. A – True. Customer service is part of the fulfillment process. An order is not fulfilled until it reaches the customer’s hands. Everything that happens in between, including order tracking and chatting with contact center representatives, is part of the fulfillment process. Therefore, it makes sense to have your customer service in the same place where your orders will be processed.
3. B – Kitting is the process of bringing together different references to create a single product, like a gift basket. The ability to sell bundles of products further encourages sales while saving consumers time and money.
4. B – False. Couriers or parcel carriers only deliver / ship products. Order fulfillment involves processing orders, storing inventory, picking, packing and shipping an order. Parcel carriers do not perform these functions.
5. A – It is normal for your fulfillment service provider to work with others in your niche – it means that they have experience in managing your product line, customer requests, etc. Just make sure you have strict rules in place with them to ensure that your brand’s integrity is never compromised.
6. B – False. As long as your fulfillment partner has access to you and your customers, your fulfillment warehouse can be located anywhere. However, it is most often beneficial if your processing warehouse is located near a large transportation hub and major freight routes to reduce shipping costs and transit time.
7. C – Quick sale items should be stored near packing stations to reduce pickup and packing time. The closer they are to their final destination, the better!
8. A – Stock levels are best updated as orders are processed. This way, the levels can be updated simultaneously in the warehouse and on the website. Make sure you are working with an ecommerce platform that can support real-time updates. You should also perform quarterly cyclical inventories and full inventories every year.
9. B – False. The distribution warehouses of physical retailers replenish store inventory, but are often unable to pick individual orders directly from consumers. That’s why many larger brands trust an outsourced order fulfillment provider to run their e-commerce channel while they handle in-store order fulfillment themselves.
Speed Commerce Corp. published this content on July 12, 2021 and is solely responsible for the information it contains. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on July 12, 2021 09:35:05 UTC.